Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year 2012!

Happy New Year...a few days late. :)

I sincerely wanted to post on New Year's Day and say that I had accomplished my goal of having the network code completely refactored by that deadline.  But alas, it was not to be.  I was close -- so very close -- but there were a few bugs hanging around that I couldn't ignore, so I couldn't call it done just yet. My progress reports may occasionally be disappointing, but they're always honest!

Things are in a much better state now, but there is still just one bug remaining.  Let me explain.

The test procedure I used a couple of weeks ago (see Testing the New Client/Server Arrangement) is now completely successful and seems to be reliable. (Five consecutive successful tests!)  So I moved on to the next test, which was like the last one with a couple of modifications:

  • Set up the game with more than one AI opponent.
  • Test all character upgrades.

The results: All character upgrades work correctly 100%, but the additional AI players don't have any characters on their team.

Thus, today's challenge is straightforward: troubleshoot the additional AI players.  Gonna get to that right after a lunch break.

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment