|Jammy Life from GGJ2011|
Now back to our regularly scheduled progress report on Team Laser Combat. I took a nice step forward this week, which surprises the heck out of me because I didn't spend that much time on this project. I know better than to look a gift horse in the mouth though.
|The character data viewer in the upper right corner looks pretty good and works pretty well. I'm just not sure that it works in the most ergonomic way that it can.|
- Finally fixed all of the AI initialization issues! Yes, ALL of them (as far as I know)!
- Created the character data viewer. It shows the stats for one character at a time, and centers the main viewport on the selected character. (See the screen shot above.)
- I'm going to let some people use this feature and get some feedback, because I'm not entirely sure that I want this control to center the view on the character. The original plan was to have buttons on the Actions menu for this purpose. Now I'm thinking of connecting the two elements.
- Worked on more level designs and concept sketches.
- Did a thorough test of Single Player mode. Everything works great up to this point.
- Did a thorough test of Host LAN mode. It mostly worked, except for cases where another human player in Join LAN mode caused errors to appear on the server.
- Did a thorough test of Join LAN mode. It's broken. There seems to be some sort of data-related issue that keeps character data from being properly accessed.
- Create the action button menu.
- Investigate ways to dynamically color the team uniforms. Experiment on the placeholders.
- Create the "whose turn" display.
- Finish voice scripts for narration.
- Formalize the flowchart for the AI logic.
- Create the token factory and displays.
- Implement the Draw Token action.
- Implement the Heal action.
- Implement the Attack action.