Thursday, January 5, 2012

Progress Already? Really?

© Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation
Remember that episode of Futurama where Professor Farnsworth was going to build a Smell-O-Scope and then remembered that he had already built one? That happens to Professor Henson (me) too.

I was looking over the code I fixed yesterday and thinking about what was to come next, and I discovered that I had already put in place some code to support the things on yesterday's list.  Specifically...

  • Draw Token action 
    • This is halfway done already. I was working on it the week my son Avery was born -- the whirlwind week that flew by in a blur. It's no surprise that I didn't remember anything else that happened that week; it all paled in comparison to my wife's suffering and my son's first tentative moments as an orthogonal humanoid.
  • Clean up the game UI 
    • The specific problem I had in mind had already been anticipated, fixed, and commented out to simplify troubleshooting. The other issues are of lower priority and can wait for the next "hardening sprint".
I'll probably do a full progress report this weekend. It's been awhile since I've gone all out like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment