Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Four Days Late -- Could Be Worse

The refactoring was a success!  I'm four days past the goal date I set for myself, but that's OK. I've missed deadlines by significantly wider margins than this!

At this point, everything that was working before the refactoring began is working once again.  (Disclaimer: I haven't tested multiplayer mode yet.)  A few things in the interface are a bit clunkier now that I've cut down on the multithreading, but they're functional and it may just be a matter of optimization to smooth them out again.

Once again, everyone is present and accounted for.

So, after this little two-week diversion, what's next on the project plan?  It's a lofty goal, but I would like to accomplish the following tasks in January.  Listed in order of priority:
  1. Token inventory UI
  2. Draw Token action
  3. Event log
  4. Heal action
  5. In-game chat
  6. Clean up the game UI
  7. Fix the old movement bug
Once those are accomplished, I'd like to dive right in to the remaining turn-based parts of the combat system, but that'll be another phase.

May my optimism be warranted!

No comments:

Post a Comment