With the big holiday, there wasn't a whole lot of time for Team Laser Combat. My only goal for the week was to get the characters on screen, and I was only marginally successful. First, the characters were about ten pixels too tall, which I already fixed. But the biggest issue is that only some of the characters show up, and only some of the time.
|Look! Characters! Too bad that was only half of the characters in the game...plus they're a bit large for the scale.|
- Placeholder images for the characters are now appearing on screen! Well...sometimes. Most of the characters are not showing up, despite the fact that they are being initialized with correct spawn points. Fixing this is obviously critical and currently my primary source of stress.
- Added keyboard controls so now we can scroll around the map to see the entire game board.
- Get the characters to show up on the game screen! All of them, every time! (Grr...)
- Investigate ways to dynamically color the team uniforms. Experiment on the placeholders.
- Create the "whose turn" display.
- Create the character data viewer.
- Fix the team color selection for the eighth human player.
- Create the action button menu.
- Formalize the flowchart for the AI logic.
- Create the token factory and displays.