Also, with the addition of the isometric tile transformer utilities, I've been able to easily experiment with new tile configurations and arena layouts, such as the one pictured below.
|I call this one "Pounded".|
- Based on a suggestion from the Indie Video Game Developers Association, I lightened the color of the data font by 50% to make it more readable against the dark background.
- Added a few more random gameplay tips to the Loading screen.
- Designed a good HUD layout. Will create a high-fidelity prototype of it soon to see if it's really as good as I think it is.
- Decided to change a rule regarding character training: Now when a character is retired, its equipment, character type, and level of training determine how many coins are returned to your team's budget. So you still can't sell training the way you can sell equipment, but you are compensated for it when you retire the character. This change has been implemented and tested.
- The clients now transition into the game state automatically when the server does. The game clients wait for a specific message to arrive from the server. When it does, they begin loading the game screen.
- I enhanced MHFramework's sound player so now you can give it an array of sound IDs and it will play them one at a time in sequence. This functionality is required for the narration voice-overs.
- Recent changes to the game application have made the standalone server app mostly obsolete. Not entirely obsolete, but I have stopped developing that application for now. I may return to it later when we begin heavier testing.
- Added an Options screen with buttons to toggle sound and music. The sound toggle works, but music has not yet been implemented.
- Began a discussion on the logistics to make it possible and convenient to work with voice-over artist Karina Martin-Moore. There's more to come on this issue.
- Created a utility for splitting a texture into floor tiles and saving them to PNG files.
- Created another utility for converting a texture into right facing, left facing, and corner wall tiles, and saving them to PNG files.
- Formalize the flowchart for the AI logic. (Due January 3, 2011.)