- Had a great meeting with the art team where we discussed many important things. (See the previous post to read the meeting minutes.) Justin and Kristen are taking a necessary break from the project in order to focus on a very important project at school, but I sincerely hope they'll be back in a few months. I need them!
- Started talking to a couple of candidates for voice-over work. I have tentative agreements with two of them, but the scripts and technical details still need to be worked out.
- Created MHFont class that encapsulates both normal fonts and image fonts, and treats them uniformly using the Strategy Pattern.
- As a result, MHGUIComponent subclass objects now display image fonts correctly, AND image fonts can now be used on buttons as well! Plus, all types of fonts can be scaled by percentage to make them larger or smaller, and the metrics calculate accordingly.
- Got the medium buttons into the UI factory and added them to several screens. Decided to call them "small buttons" instead since they ended up being really tiny. But that'll be good when I use them to control the game HUD.
- The standalone server app no longer treats the user as a player instead of a spectator.
- Spectator modes no longer have a team setup screen.
- They do, however, have an "Upgrade Team" button on the lobby screen which should not be there.
- Finished the Recruit menu! If I may say so...WOOHOO! Perhaps it should contain a legend to explain what those two-letter stat abbreviations are about.
- Lay out the HUD.