Monday, December 19, 2011

Hard Drive Failure!

I hit a little bit of a snag in the project yesterday:  My hard drive began throwing errors and had to be replaced.

My first thought was that it was going to be an all-day project.  The first time I had to replace a hard drive (about 16 years ago), it took an entire weekend and two big economy-sized boxes of floppy disks.

But today, through the miracle of modern technology, it took only a few hours!  And that includes backing up the old drive, installing the new one, and restoring the disk image to it.  Super easy and with no problems whatsoever!  I now have 50% more drive capacity, 50% better seek times, a much faster (and more reliable) boot process, and no error messages complaining about error reports and failed writes.

Yay!  Now back to Team Laser Combat.

No comments:

Post a Comment